- Includes: (30hrs-Building Systems, 15hrs-Inspection Methods)
- Identify the different varieties of wood framing
- Understand the many different materials used in the floor structure
- Explain the framework of wall structures
- Describe the differences between rafters and trusses
- Learn the difference between a porch and deck
- Understand construction differences between bearing and non-bearing walls
- And much more
Most framing in a home is only viewable from unfinished areas, making defects tricky to identify. A thorough knowledge of framing techniques will assist inspectors in spotting these defects.
PHII's House Framing course teaches inspectors common types of house framing, as well as some more unique framing techniques. The course covers how to distinguish one type of framing from another and where to look for defects in various types of framing.
Take the course online & earn 45 credit hours towards your Florida Home Inspector License continuing education requirement!